Welcome to Dr. Honggang Wang’s Research Website at UMass Dartmouth.
Honggang Wang, Professor, IEEE Fellow
Editor-in-Chief of IEEE Internet of Things (2020 ~ present)
Director of Internet of Things and Data Engineering Lab
Dr. Honggang Wang is a professor and the “Scholar of The Year” (2016). Before he joined UMass Dartmouth in 2009, he worked for Bell Labs Lucent Technologies China from 2001 to 2004 as a Member of the Technical Staff and received Lucent Global Switching Software Silver Award, in Naperville IL, USA, 2002. He received his Ph.D. in Computer Engineering at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln in 2009. He was early promoted to a full professor at UMassD in 2020. He is an alumnus of NAE Frontiers of Engineering program. He has graduated 30 MS/Ph.D. students and produced high-quality publications in prestigious journals and conferences in his research areas, wining several prestigious best paper awards. His research interests include Internet of Things, Connected Health, Wireless Body Area Networks (BAN), Multimedia Communication and Applications, Cyber and Multimedia Security, Wireless Networks, Connected Vehicle, and BIG DATA in mHealth. His research is reported by media such as USA ABC 6 TV, Standard Times Newspaper. He is an IEEE distinguished lecturer and an IEEE Fellow with the citation “for contribution to low power wireless for IoT and multimedia applications”. He has also been serving as the Editor in Chief (EiC) for IEEE Internet of Things Journal (5 Year Impact Factor: 11.7) since 2020. He was the past Chair (2018-2020) of IEEE Multimedia Communications Technical Committee and is the IEEE eHealth Technical Committee Chair (2020-2021).
Recent Leadership and Services
- Guest Editor of IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications (J-SAC) series on Internet of Things for In-Home Health Monitoring
- EiC of IEEE Internet of Things (IoT) Journal
- Guest Editor of IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications (J-SAC) series on network softwarization and enablers
- TPC Chair of IEEE ICME 2019 and General Chair of IEEE ICNC 2019
- Lead Guest Editor of IEEE Transactions on Network Science and Engineering (SI on Network Science for IoT(Deadline: April 1st, 2018))
- Guest Editor of IEEE Transactions on Multimedia Special Issue on “ Trustworthiness in Social Multimedia Analytics and Delivery”(Deadline: July 1st, 2018)
- Associate Editor of IEEE Transaction Multimedia
- Associate Editor of IEEE Transaction on Big Data
- Editor of IEEE Transaction on Vehicular Technology
- Chair of IEEE MMTC Technical Committee
- TPC Chair (Lead) of IEEE ICNC 2018
- Steering Committee Co-Chair of IEEE/ACM CHASE conference
Please visit Research and Publications for a more in-depth look at our research.